I seem to always have the ingredients for banana bread lying around. And seriously, who doesn’t LOVE banana bread?!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie spice
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 whole ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Combine together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar; set aside.
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Grease a loaf pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. If you don’t sift you could have clumps of flour which will result in air bubbles within the bread.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Then add the bananas, vanilla and milk-vinegar mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture until just combined. I do this in 3 parts to not splash flour all over the kitchen.
- Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a cooling rack for about 15 minutes. Then transfer the bread from the pan to the rack and let it cool completely before slicing.
- Serve and enjoy!