This party platter will satisfy vegans and non-vegans alike!
Half of this beauty are the two different cashew cheese’s and homemade tapenade (recipes below), the other half is the presentation (tips below) which I learned so much from my dear friend who owns Cultured by Colette in Austin, Texas. This beautiful soul owns a small business that curates beautifully styled grazing trays and tables for parties, events, etc. She also took all of these amazing photos to help show off my recipes!
Cashew Cheese Ball Recipe
This recipe will make enough for 2 different cashew cheese balls. I chose one have one be cranberry and pecan and the other be thyme and black pepper. But you can really choose any flavors you want which is part of the fun!
Cashew Cheese Base Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup soaked raw cashews
- 3/4 cup soaked raw macadamia nuts
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 teaspoons miso paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Salt (to taste)
- Pecan pieces
- Dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Freshly cracked black pepper
How to make
- Soak cashews and macademia nuts overnight to soften
- Put all ingredients in a high powered blender
- Blend until creamy and smooth, you’ll need to stop a couple of times to scrape down the sides of the blender
- Get a small bowl and line with plastic wrap
- Spoon out half the cashew cheese mix and put into plastic wrap lined bowl
- Form into a ball and put in freezer
- With the other half of the cashew cheese mix, add in 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Fold in the thyme with a spatula
- Lay down plastic wrap and put cashew cheese mixture down
- Form into a log and put into the freezer
- After being in the freezer for a couple of hours, remove and unwrap
- For the plain one, place pecan pieces and dried cranberries on the outside
- For the thyme one, put freshly cracked black pepper on the plastic wrap and roll the log through the pepper
- 1 cup Green Olives – with the pimiento stuffing
- 1/2 cup Black Olives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
How to make
- Pour olives into a blender and pulse until chopped
- Mix chopped olives with other ingredients in a bowl
- Put in fridge until you’re ready to serve!
Tips for arranging a party platter!
- Lay down a green leaf such as Argula on the plate before building the platter. That way as people are eating, there are not large white spaces!
- Mix large things with small delicate things. For example, big pieces of grapefruit mixed in with small slices of radishes.
- Toast your bread for some added depth and crunch!
- Keep extra cut up veggies and nuts on hand to fill in space if the plate goes too fast.