In an effort to get more protein into my diet since biking to work has me burning anywhere from 800-1,000 calories per day, I wanted to try out some protein pancakes! They are amazing fresh off the griddle with some syrup and fresh fruit or even on the go with some almond butter. These are made with Propello Life Dirty Chocolate Vegan Protein Powder, which is made with a blend of Pea, Hemp, Chia, & Sacha Inchi proteins! (See nutritional breakdown at the end!)
1 large banana, mashed (I still like to leave it a little chunky though)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (possibly more if the batter is too thick)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Whisk together non-dairy milk (I use organic unsweetened almond milk), mashed banana, and vanilla extract. Put aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix remaining dry ingredients.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until combined. This is where you may have to add more almond milk if the batter gets too thick but add in 1/4 cup increments.
- Melt coconut oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Use a 1/4 cup to pour batter onto hot pan. Once bubbles start to appear around the edges, it’s time to flip! You’ll know they’re done when you can touch the pancake and it bounces back.
- You can top with syrup, fresh fruit, nuts, coconut yogurt, almond or peanut butter, the options are endless!