You can actually use this recipe either black beans or pinto beans and leave them whole or mash/blend them for refried beans.
What You’ll Need:
- 8oz. bag of dry black beans
- 8 cups of liquid (vegetable broth or water)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
How You’ll Do It:
- Dump everything into a crock pot
- Turn on high for 6 hours
- Turn on low for 2 hours
- If making refried beans, this is when you smash them! You can either do it with a potato masher or an immersion blender. Use some of the leftover water in the crockpot to add to the beans as your mashing them to get your desired consistency.
- Put in jars in 1 cup servings and either freeze or refrigerate
- Keep in mind since there’s no preservatives, they will only keep in the fridge for 2-3 days so only thaw when you’re going to use them
Literally that’s it… Enjoy!
**Adjust spices to your desired taste, I don’t ever actually measure my spices but this is my approximation of what it would be if I did**